One of the most significant aspects of creating a healthy law firm or corporate culture is the challenge of sustained interaction among people of different ethnicities, education levels, ages, genders, etc. The larger a firm is, and the broader its geographical reach, the more challenges it can expect to face in terms of demographics and cultural influences. This program is designed to help participants interact and communicate with one another in a constructive fashion about diversity and inclusion, and what it means to genuinely embrace inclusion as a core value, so that there will be fewer obstacles to genuine openness, collaboration, and productivity, and greater ability to navigate any difficulties that do arise.
Learning Objectives: Participants in this workshop will be equipped to:
- Understand the importance of cultural competence and awareness, especially given the ethnic, generational, gender and educational diversity of the cities in which your firm or company does business.
- Raise awareness of the unique backgrounds that impact and enhance individual experiences in your firm or organization.
- Take practical steps towards creating a more genuinely inclusive work environment that respects the dignity and value of all persons, no matter their diverse viewpoints, beliefs, backgrounds, practices, or immutable characteristics.
- Leverage the value of genuine cultural differences to deliver excellent and innovative services to a wide range of clients or customers, creating a welcoming and productive work environment.
- Employ practical tools and memorable strategies, both for your own benefit and when interacting with colleagues, clients, or customers.